Phase 2 - RFP for System Integrator & IWMS Software
The Request for Proposal (RFP) for an Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) technology solution and Systems Integrator (SI) was released on May 3. This is a significant milestone as we move forward with the EAM Project and we would not have been able to do this without your help! The RFP was sent to over 900 vendors and included nearly 400 requirements spanning nine (9) workstreams!
In the vendor responses, we will receive both the bid for the technology component, as well as the services to install and maintain the technology moving forward.
Key Terms to Know:
You may have heard a number of terms being thrown around lately. Below are some key definitions to be aware of as we move forward:
- Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) – This is the actual technology software platform that is being purchased.
- Systems Integrator (SI) – This is the service provider who will assist in implementing and training on the new technology.
- Request For Proposal (RFP) – This is a document/package that we released to the public that provides providing vendors with our requirements so they can properly respond to our needs.
- Prototype – This is a preliminary model of what the solution would look like
- Hosted/Vendor-Hosted – This is when the software implemented is running at a remote location.
- Vendor Demonstrations – Once a short-list of vendors has been identified, they will visit us and provide real demonstrations of their software’s capabilities.
What This Means:
- First and foremost, we are continuing to make great progress and ahead of schedule!
- We will need your help! Some of the SMEs have/will be engaged for assistance in various tasks going forward.
Vendor responses are due on June 6. Once received, both the Steering Committee and Workstreams will begin evaluating the responses based on a number of factors including: Ability To Meet Our Requirements, Price, Implementation Methodology, Supplier Diversity and Company Background/Performance.
Updates will continue to be provided. In the meantime, check out what was released to the vendors!